Before talking about creative change in the workplace and why we all resist it, we talked to Rob in Buffalo who has a question regarding an annuity and the overall retirement plan that he and his wife have in place. As you’ll hear, there’s no simple yes or no answer when it comes to retirement planning. Each case is very specific to the individuals involved and that’s why you always hear me asking a variety of questions 🙂
In hour two we chatted with Jennifer Mueller about her new book, “Creative Change: Why We Resist It…How We Can Embrace It“. While high level executives say they want creativity and seek innovation in order to thrive in a competitive world, Jen says the truth is that many business leaders often resist creative solutions and instead embrace the familiar. And it’s not just CEOs, but educators, scientists, and others who often struggle to accept new and creative ideas even when desired.
Among the solutions discussed in the book:
- A multi-step process to self-disrupt your current mindset and recognize creative opportunity
- A way to pitch ideas aimed at helping you defeat the established preference for the status quo
- Tips to disrupt the cultural beliefs holding your company back
- How to recognize creative leaders who can lead organizations in productive new directions
If you find yourself in a similar situation at work then this is an interview you definitely want to hear.
P.S. We have a new podcast! It’s called Better Off and it’s sponsored by Betterment. It’s similar to the radio show yet a bit different. We’d love hear your feedback! You can download it via iTunes, Spotify or Google Play. If possible, please leave a rating and/or review in iTunes.
Thanks to everyone who participated this week, especially Mark, the Best Producer/Music Curator in the World. Here’s how to contact us:
- Call 855-411-JILL and we’ll schedule time to get you on the show LIVE
- Send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted by Mark Talercio