Do you have to be an “entrepreneur,” replete with a big, fat business plan in hand, to make a little extra cash on the side?
What if I told you that in 27 days you can come up with an idea, implement it, and potentially start making some extra income on the side?
That is what you call a Side Hustle, which also happens to be the title of the latest book from Chris Guillebeau, this week’s guest on Better Off.
While the thought of quitting your day job to pursue a business of your own may be intoxicating and even escapist, it may also be a bit unrealistic. Most of us can’t just up and quit a job that delivers a regular paycheck and benefits, to boot.
But what if you could quickly and easily create an additional stream of income without giving up the security of a full-time job? Enter Chris and the Side Hustle.
As someone who has launched more than a dozen side hustles over his career, Chris is more than qualified to help you select, launch and refine your new side hustle.
Some of the things you’ll learn include:
- Brainstorm, borrow, and steal to build an arsenal of great side hustle ideas (day 3)
- Apply “Tinder for Side Hustle” logic to pick the best idea at any time (day 6)
- Learn, gather, or create everything you need to launch; then set up a real life way to get paid (days 13-14)
- Start raking in the money by channeling your inner Girl Scout (day 18) -Master the art of deals, discounts, and special offers (day 21)
- Raise your game: improve, expand, or make more money off your hustle (days 24-26)
I think the most important takeaway from this interview is realizing that you don’t need entrepreneurial experience to launch a profitable side hustle. Nor do you need to spend/waste money on an MBA or other graduate degree, or know how to code, or be an expert marketer.
If you liked what you heard from Chris, and want some more tips and inspiring real-life success stories, I highly recommend his Side Hustle School podcast.
“Better Off” is sponsored by Betterment.
Have a finance related question? Email us here or call 855-411-JILL.
We love feedback so please subscribe and leave us a rating or review in iTunes!
Connect with me at these places for all my content:
"Better Off" theme music is by Joel Goodman, www.joelgoodman.com.