As the #MeToo movement sweeps across the world, it’s time for employers to address the issues of sexual harassment, workplace inequality and the gender wage gap.
After recently interviewing two experts in their respective fields, Leigh Gallagher from Fortune and author Jack Myers, here are some key ideas and trends that will help push the movement in the right direction:
- HR departments will become increasingly more independent
- Women will take jobs previously held by men
- Organizations will need to teach, embrace and support young men coming into the workforce
- Workplace mentoring programs will be instrumental to imbue companies with a culture that supports diversity
- Women who develop characteristics of assertiveness, confidence and aggressive behavior, and who know when to use these behaviors, will find more success in the workplace
Let’s stop with the talk and move to action mode...it’s way past time to address these issues.
“Better Off” is sponsored by Betterment.
Have a finance related question? Email us here or call 855-411-JILL.
We love feedback so please subscribe and leave us a rating or review in iTunes!
Connect with me at these places for all my content:
"Better Off" theme music is by Joel Goodman, www.joelgoodman.com.