When you’re interviewing people on a regular basis, sometimes there’s an instant connection.
It happened when I met Chris Guillebeau and it happened when I met Sam Conniff Allende, author of Be More Pirate: Or How to Take on the World and Win.
It was like reconnecting with a long-lost friend, which of course made for a very fun chat.
In his tiny, sleek, little book, Conniff Allende unveils the innovative strategies of Golden Age pirates, drawing parallels between the tactics and teachings of legends like Henry Morgan and Blackbeard with modern rebels, like Elon Musk, Malala, and Banksy.
Featuring takeaway sections and a guide to building your own pirate code 2.0, Be More Pirate will show you how to leave your mark on the 21st century.
1. Rebel — Draw strength by standing up to the status quo.
2. Rewrite — Bend, break, but most importantly, rewrite the rules.
3. Reorganize — Collaborate to achieve scale, rather than growth.
4. Redistribute — Fight for fairness, share power, and make an enemy of exploitation.
5. Retell — Weaponize your story, then tell the hell out of it.
Whatever your ambitions, ideas and challenges, Be More Pirate will help change the way you live, think, and work today, and tomorrow. So what are you waiting for? Join the rebellion.
Have a money question? Email us here.
We love feedback so please subscribe and leave us a rating or review in Apple Podcasts!
Connect with me at these places for all my content: