May 1 is "college decision day," the deadline to formally accept an offer of college admission and send in your deposit. It's also the time when families must make choices about financial aid packages, which is why we spend time outlining some of the strategies necessary to maximize the process.
Here are some resources that might be helpful in the college funding and planning process:
- Education Department College Navigator
- CFPB Financial Aid Comparison
- FinAid Guide to Financial Aid
- Edvisors Planning and Paying for College
- 529 Plan Info
Great calls from Holly (college funding), Marchello (saving and investing), Ryan (early retirement plan) and Brian (disability insurance). We also field Chris' e-mail about the "good" annuity company (TIAA-CREF) and a property tax issue from E.
Thanks to everyone who participated and to Mark, the BEST producer in the world. If you have a financial question, there are lots of ways to contact us:
- Call 855-411-JILL and we'll schedule time to get you on the show LIVE
- Send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org